All across the world, Billions of tons of rice is being cultivated and consumed every year as it is uniquely versatile, healthy and very easy to cook. Rice is a regular diet for a large proportion of the world’s population. Many people buy and consume rice without really thinking about it and then there are people who appreciate the final things in life – who are aware of the distinct fragrance, the long fluffy grain and delicious taste that signifies only the best quality rice. The best rice in the world is cultivated in fertile soils and lush green paddy fields with outstanding Irrigation.
Characteristics of Quality Rice
|The main characteristics of Quality Rice are as follows:
- Color: The color of a quality rice is translucent, creamy white. Brown quality Rice is also available.
- Grain: Long Grain. The grain is long (6.61 – 7.5 mm) or very long (more than 7.50 mm and 2 mm breadth).
- Shape: Shape or length-to-width ratio is another criterion to identify quality rice. This needs to be over 3.0
- Texture: Dry, firm, separate grains. Upon cooking, the texture is firm and tender without splitting, and it is non-sticky. (This quality is derived from the amylase content in the rice. If this value is 20-22%, the cooked rice does not stick. The glutinous, sticky variety preferred by the chopsticks users has 0-19% amylase).
- Elongation: Quality rice elongates almost twice upon cooking but does not fatten much. When cooked the grains elongate (70-120 % over the pre-cooked grain) more than other varieties.
- Flavor: Distinctive fragrance. The most important characteristic of them all is the aroma. Incidentally, the aroma in a quality rice arises from a cocktail of 100 compounds — hydrocarbons, alcohols, aldehydes and esters. A particular molecule of note is 2-acetyl-1-pyrroline.
- Uses: Flavor and texture complements curries because it is drier rice and the grains stay separate. Also suits biryani and pilaf (where saffron is added to provide extra color and flavor).
- Main benefits: Aromatic fragrance and dry texture.
At Adhara-Consolida Rice, quality is a firm and uncompromising commitment. We always believe in good quality rice because we understand the importance, as food to Human life and also as a key success element of any company and that’s why we have outlined the following norms:
From the initial stage of harvesting the rice to the final stage of packing & storing, high standards of quality and hygiene are maintained throughout.
- Strict measures of quality control are applied right from the point of harvesting to ensure a high quality finished product.
- All the products are delivered as per the agreed specifications and Government/International export standard.
- Uniform quality and consistency is maintained for all consignments.
INSPECTION & CERTIFICATES
- Pre-shipment inspection by independent surveyor is provided (Usually SGS)
- Phytosanitary certificate for all products and fumigation for grains is provided.
PACKING & PACKAGING
- Only new, clean and dry packing materials are used.
- Complete safety against moisture, pests, insects & dust is ensured.
- Securely closed and sealed.
- Packed in exact quantities as specified on the packs.
As a leading exporter of fine and pure quality of Rice, we work hard to satisfy the needs of our customers from across the globe.
We provide great quality Rice in any quantity and packaging under our brands Name or logos. However, it can be customized according to the customer’s choice. In the last decade over 60% of our exports have been to Africa, while 40% has been to every other continent,(excluding antartica ofcourse!)
Our products include:
- White Polished Rice, Long Grain, 100% Sortexed
- Parboiled Rice,Thin Long Grain, 100% Sortexed
- 100% Broken Rice (White or Parboiled)
- Brown Rice
- Paddy Rice
- Parbo Reject
- Long grain organic white rice
- Long grain organic brown rice
- Short grain organic brown rice
For Brown Rice and Paddy Rice, we only offer Bulk Packaging, for all the other types of rice we can offer from 1kg bags to Bulk packaging.